The chef's knife is an all-purpose knife used for slicing, chopping, dicing, mincing, and many other functions. The P-04 Small Chef’s Knife by CHROMA has a blade of 14.2cm (5.75”) and is a fantastic choice as a utility knife and can even make an excellent primary knife for those who are not comfortable with larger blades. The blade is curved to allow the cook to rock the knife on the cutting board for a more precise cut.
The handle of the Type 301 by F.A. Porsche is constructed of 18/10 stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully sharpened by the hand of a master and the handle fits both large and small hands comfortably.
Chroma is a manufacturer that bridges the gap between Japanese tradition and the European design with the type 301 series.
Chroma type 301 cutlery are designed by F.A. Porsche, who worked closely with chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther, in order to develop the final shape of the handle, which is optimized for maximum usability.
The Chroma type 301 knives follow faithfully the Japanese philosophy, which dictates a knife to be lightweight and flexible so that it feels like an extension of the user’s hand.
- 14 cm (5.75") long blade.
- Hardness of 58-60° HRC at the cutting edge.
- Ergonomic handle designed by F.A. Porsche, which offers better control and allows the knife to stand upright without its blade touching the bench.
- Metal “pearl” which clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting.
- Seamless construction and hygienic transition from blade to handle.
- Out of the box sharpness is among best in the industry.
- Chroma offers special whetstones used to sharpen the type 301 knives. Left sided grinding is to be sharpened 80% on the left and 20% on the right side.
- Easy sharpening: For the novice user there are available metal “guides” which place the knife on the correct angle against the whetstone.
- Comes in a black wooden luxury case.
- SWEDISH TEST FAKTA confirmed "Best in test".
- This product is not dishwasher safe.