The Chroma Type 301 P16 knife set includes four pieces of the iconic type 301 P15 steak knife with 12 cm blade in luxurious gift packaging.
This is the typical steak knife and perhaps the most used knife in the house. It is the knife one would use for all trivial kitchen tasks, and most importantly, this is the knife that accompanies the dinner plate and is used for eating!
A set of 4 pieces is an ideal gift for gourmet enthusiasts, and of course essential for cutting a quality fillet without ruining the tender meat.
Chroma is a manufacturer that bridges the gap between Japanese tradition and the European design with the type 301 series.
Chroma type 301 cutlery are designed by F.A. Porsche, who worked closely with chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther, in order to develop the final shape of the handle, which is optimized for maximum usability.
The Chroma type 301 knives follow faithfully the Japanese philosophy, which dictates a knife to be lightweight and flexible so that it feels like an extension of the user’s hand.
They are made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel, a lightweight material which has a 58-60° hardness rating in the Rockwell hardness scale. The type 301 knives are harder than most of the non-Japanese knives and among the hardest knives within their price range. Because of this, each knife maintains its sharpness longer.
Even though the Chroma type 301 knives are mass produced, they are carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master. Quality control is performed on one-to-one basis and not through random sampling.
SWEDISH TEST FAKTA confirmed "Best in test".
- Set of Four Knives: 4pcs P15 Steak knife 12 cm.
- Hardness of 58-60° HRC at the cutting edge.
- Ergonomic handle designed by F.A. Porsche, which offers better control and allows the knife to stand upright without its blade touching the bench.
- Metal “pearl” which clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting.
- Seamless construction and hygienic transition from blade to handle.
- Out of the box sharpness is among best in the industry.
- Chroma offers special whetstones used to sharpen the type 301 knives.
- For the novice user there are available metal “guides” which place the knife on the correct angle against the whetstone.
- High-quality gift packaging