The PLUMEN 001 by British brand Hulger is the world’s first designer low energy light bulb with a dynamic design that makes it an integral decorating element, and not just a light bulb.
The Plumen 001 low energy light bulbs that uses 80% less energy than the traditional incandescent light bulbs and keeps down electricity bills. In addition they are better for the environment, not only because they use less energy but also because they last around 8 times longer (8000 hours) than the traditional incandescent lamp. It consumes 11 Watt power and produces equivalent luminosity with a 60 Watt traditional incandescent lamp.
Plumen’s unique sculptural from was conceived by London based designer Samuel Wilkinson in collaboration with Hulger. It took Hulger 3 years of testing, researching and optimizing production, prior to launching the end product in September 2010. The PLUMEN 001 was awarded the Brit Insurance Design of the Year in 2011, one of the world’s highest profile international design awards. It was also awarded the prestigious Black Pencil at the D&AD awards in the same year.
It has also been featured in renown design collections around the world including the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, the Finnish Design Museum and the Cooper Hewitt collection, based in New York.
- Low energy light bulb.
- Energy level: A
- Dimensions: Diameter 100 mm. Height: 192 mm.
- Consumption: 11W
- Screw type: E27
- Lumen: 680 (220-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Color Temperature: 2700K (warm white light).
- Life: 8000 hours.
- Recycle your bulb at: www.plumen.com/recycle
- Hold your lamp from the screw plastic protective cap, not from the glass tubes. In case you break it visit www.plumen.com/brokenbulb.
- Awards: Brit Insurance Design of the Year 2011, D& AD Black Pencil Award.