This chef knife, the Chroma type 301 P30 knife with patented ASΤ (antistick technic) is a new type of cutting tool, newly developed to perfectly cut hydrous vegetables as carrots and cucumbers.
The serrated Anti-Stick (AST®) structure on the right side of the blade provides the development of a holohedral watery film. While cutting, the slices will easily fall off the blade and will not pile up as when cutting with ordinary knives.
This new P-30 chef knife by CHROMA type 301 has been ground only on one side like a traditional japanese knife and therefore is very similar to use like a sashimi knife. While cutting, this special grind on the blade will tend to pull it a little to the right side – this can easily be adjusted by counter steering to the left. After minimal use, you will be used to it and you will love your new knife for the great performance of the Anti-Stick Technic system.
Chroma is a manufacturer that bridges the gap between Japanese tradition and the European design with the type 301 series. Chroma type 301 cutlery are designed by F.A. Porsche, who worked closely with chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther, in order to develop the final shape of the handle, which is optimized for maximum usability.
The Chroma type 301 knives follow faithfully the Japanese philosophy, which dictates a knife to be lightweight and flexible so that it feels like an extension of the user’s hand.
They are made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel, a lightweight material which has a 58-60° hardness rating in the Rockwell hardness scale. The type 301 knives are harder than most of the non-Japanese knives and among the hardest knives within their price range. Because of this, each knife maintains its sharpness longer.
Even though the Chroma type 301 knives are mass produced, they are carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master. Quality control is performed on one-to-one basis and not through random sampling.
SWEDISH TEST FAKTA confirmed "Best in test".
- 20 cm long blade.
- Hardness of 58-60° HRC at the cutting edge.
- Ergonomic handle designed by F.A. Porsche, which offers better control and allows the knife to stand upright without its blade touching the bench.
- Metal “pearl” which clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting.
- Seamless construction and hygienic transition from blade to handle.
- Out of the box sharpness is among best in the industry.
- Chroma offers special whetstones used to sharpen the type 301 knives. Left sided grinding is to be sharpened 80% on the left and 20% on the right side.
- Easy sharpening: For the novice user there are available metal “guides” which place the knife on the correct angle against the whetstone.
- Comes in a black wooden luxury case.
- SWEDISH TEST FAKTA confirmed "Best in test".
- This product is not dishwasher safe.